Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Urgent Prayer Request

David is too little for his gestational age. The doctor is admitting me to the hospital today to give me steroids and a magnesium sulfate IV to protect his brain. Right now he is in the 19th percentile for his age, so if he dips below 10 percent, they will have to deliver him. As it is, my doctor says she will deliver him at 36 weeks at the latest (I am 30 weeks).

Of course, we are totally caught off guard by this info. Please pray his growth speeds up (especially his stomach, which is 2 weeks behind) and that he thrives in the womb. Pray he can stay in there at LEAST until 36 weeks so he does not have to be in NICU. Pray for our emotional health because it is not easy to hear the doctor talk about stillbirth possibilities. I know David will be born fine and healthy, but I really want him to be full term and naturally born, too!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Joanna, I am so sorry to hear this! I know that it is so scary...it sounds like your doctor is doing everything possible to help you and David along. I'm just glad they caught this - they don't normally do ultrasounds at this stage at all. It is good that you are getting the meds and that they will be watching you closely. I am sending you much peace. This is a process that we have no control over, so there is a lot of room for peace even when it's scary. I pray that you and Omar will be able to rest knowing that you are in good hands. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest friends,

    We are terribly sorry you are going through this, but we trust in our Heavenly Father that He will give you the strength, will, and rest in this time. We pray for Baby David's health in his development and growth. Lean on our Lord and He will be faithful in His will.

    We love you,
    Alex and Ligia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friends,

    We are praying for your precious baby David and feel confident that our Lord is taking care of him. As parents we understand the anguish you are going thru but friends please continue to trust in our wise and loving Father. We love you!!!

    The Word:
    Isaiah 41:10 10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    Isaiah 43:2 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
    Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.
    Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
    Psalm 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.
    Psalm 62:7 7 My salvation and my honor depend on God [a] ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
    Psalm 62:8 8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah
    Romans 8:28 28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[a] who[b] have been called according to his purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of you and praying for you, Omar, and your baby. May the Lord give you peace in this difficult time. Love, Steph

    ReplyDelete